At the premiered Keynote on Tuesday, November 10th, Josh.ai announced further products to advance its mission to provide artificial intelligence unique to each smart home. For those who do not know, Josh.ai, like Apple Siri or Amazon Alexa, is a voice controlled assistant, but also acts as a voice-controlled home automation system. It is essentially a smart assistant designed to work connected with your smart home systems and devices. With Josh, you can ask it to turn off the lights, turn on some music, give it compound commands, and/or even program phrases/scenes to signal a chain of commands. The cool aspect is that the more you talk to Josh, the more it listens and learns in order to give you a more personalized experience with suitable suggestions as well. At this Keynote they unveiled the Josh Nano, Josh Core, and a new Smart Home OS to operate these products.
The new Josh Nano is the smallest and first architectural in-room microphone, in which you can control everything within the home. “We really think the holy grail of the smart home is to make things invisible. You just walk in a home and give a command,” says Josh.ai CEO Alex Capecelatro.
- Josh Nano senses what room you are in and what devices to control in that room.
- Small; slightly larger than a quarter
- Designed to seamlessly blend in with the wall and be out of sight.
- It is equipped with a disconnect switch that allows you to disable the microphone to enable privacy.
- It is built to work with and respond to a home’s sound system and any existing automation systems.
- Available in matte white or black.
- It has the best microphone array in a Josh product
- Light for visual feedback
- Ability to create scenes just with voice
With Josh Nano, you can essentially talk to your home.
The next main launch was the Josh Core, which is needed to act as the central control for any Josh Nano. The Core is a central server that runs the home that acts as the brain of the smart home, communicating with Josh Nano, Josh Micro, and the Josh App.
- Directly connected to the Local Network for a more private automation experience
- Modern design with grooves to allow for cooling
- Built for rack installation
- It includes two VoiceLink outputs, enabling simultaneous voice feedback to areas of the home where there are Josh Nanos and/or Josh Micros.
- Can connect and manage up to 100 Josh Nano devices with speed
- It can execute millions of commands and execute everything within seconds.
Both of these products are truly going to revolutionize the industry and make an impact on people’s lives. Along with these products, they unveiled a Smart Home Operating System (OS). Users can not only control their devices by voice but also by the Josh App. The Josh App gives you control over your home from anywhere. You can also configure scenes on the app or any web browser. You can check in on things as well in real-time from anywhere. Lastly, you can create users and limit their access to certain parts of the home.
“Between Josh Nano and Josh Core I think we’re not just going to change the industry, I think we’re going to change the entire smart home,” Alex Capecelatro says in the Keynote.
We are proud dealers of Josh.ai products. To learn more about how we can incorporate Josh Nano, Josh Micro, or Josh Core into your smart home, smart apartment, or smart workspace, feel free to email email@example.com or call us at (818) 892-2311.